Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sausage!!


Here is what the link sausage looked like this morning after Jeff took it out of the smokehouse. Took us several hours to get it all packaged up and in the freezer-but it's done!!!! WE've got the greenhouse put back together AGAIN-the high winds did it in yet again. We tried to reinforce the bottom to keep the sides down-just have to wait til the next storm to see if it'll hold. I did transplant 3 more tomato plants and 1 of the pepper plants inside of it. We had our first freeze last night and it did a number on the squash-didn't upset me-the plants are beautiful-but haven't got 1 squash from them. Shorty said I planted 'em at the wrong phase of the moon. I never really payed much attention to that before, but maybe I better from now on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that is a beautiful sight. And in these uncertain times it really is wonderful to have your own food put away like that, isn't it? Great series of posts!!