Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Green Beans!!!


I actually think I am getting the hang of working everyday-well, some days!! Jeff & I picked green beans up at Mom's on Sunday evening-their's are growing like crazy-ours aren't doing much of anything :(. So-when I got in from work yesterday-I got a canner of beans going. Don't they look good?? I got 10 pints and enough for supper, then put 2 pints in the freezer to add to soup stock later on. YUMMY!

We also got part of the yard mowed and some weed-eating done. We fed the grass clippings to the cows and chickens-what a feast for them! And poor Jeff-they have him working 12 hour shifts this week! He said he was fine yesterday-but 5:00am to 5:30 pm is gonna take a toll on his back real soon! My job is going great-the school year is starting to wind down-but there is still LOTS to do.
We had some pretty bad weather here on Monday-nearly an hour of hail-and some of it BIG! I really don't know how my garden didn't get some damage from it! But I couldn't tell that anything was hurt. Jeff moved the tractor under a big tree-but it and the trucks didn't receive any dents. It was SO loud you couldn't stay out on the porches.
Gotta go to work! Have a great day!

No comments: