Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year  from Our Farm to you! We had a really blessed evening with our friends Leslie and Brent. Jeff made homemeade chicken and dumplings, yeast rolls and cinnamon rolls. Brent bought LOTS of fireworks for the grandkids and they enjoyed shooting them off so much! Roxie on the other hand, didn't like them one bit, poor baby.
Our youngest daughter and her girls moved in with us yesterday until her husband is able to find them a place to live. So our household doubled in size overnight. We are blessed to have them here even if only for a little while.
Been trying to get some of our beeswax rendered out for a few days. Finally got it done a few hours ago, now onto getting it added to chap stick, lotion and soap, etc!


This is what the wax looks like after Jeff squeezes the last bit of honey out.
I put it in an old pot, add water and boil it until it all becomes liquid.
I then let it cool. The wax becomes a really pretty yellow and floats to the top of the water. The brown is all the trash.
The flip side- it looks to me like cooked ground meat. I try to scrape as much of it off as I can, then put it back in the pot to heat again, watching very closely due to it being just straight wax this time.
I then pour it through cheesecloth to catch the last of the impurities.
Then it gets poured into my 1 ounce bar molds to cool.

And now it's ready to use!

I also made homemade blueberry muffins for breakfast this morning. Used the pig mold my mom got for the gkids, turned out sooo cute!
Have a safe and Happy 2020!!

No comments: